Print Page      Close Window     
424B4
IQIYI, INC. filed this Form 424B4 on 03/29/2018
Entire Document
 


Table of Contents

iQIYI, INC.

NOTES TO CONSOLIDATED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS

FOR THE YEARS ENDED DECEMBER 31, 2015, 2016 AND 2017—continued

(Amounts in thousands of Renminbi (“RMB”) and U.S. dollars (“US$”),

except for number of shares (or ADS) and per share (or ADS) data)

 

The Company uses the binomial tree option pricing model to estimate the fair value of share options with the assistance of an independent third party valuation firm. The assumptions used to value the share options granted to employees were as follows:

 

     Year Ended December 31,  
     2015      2016      2017  

Fair value of ordinary shares (US$)

     0.59        0.82        0.89  

Risk-free interest rate (%)

     2.38        2.27        2.27  

Expected volatility (%)

     43.8        43.4        43.4  

Expected dividend yield

     —          —           

Expected exercise multiple

     2.3        2.3        2.3  

The estimated fair value of the Company’s ordinary shares at their respective grant dates, was determined with the assistance of an independent third party valuation firm. The risk-free interest rate for periods within the contractual life of the options is based on the U.S. Treasury yield curve in effect at the time of grant for a term consistent with the contractual term of the awards. Expected volatility is estimated based on the historical volatility ordinary shares of several comparable companies in the same industry. The dividend yield is estimated based on our expected dividend policy over the expected term of the options. The expected exercise multiple is based on management’s estimation, which the Company believes is representative of the future.

2017 Share Incentive Plan

On November 30, 2017, the Company adopted its 2017 Share Incentive Plan (the “2017 Plan”). Under the 2017 Plan, the Company is authorized to grant options, restricted shares and restricted share units to members of the board, employees, consultants and other individuals for which the maximum aggregate number of ordinary shares which may be issued pursuant to all awards is 720,000 ordinary shares. The 2017 Plan is valid and effective for a term of ten years commencing from its adoption. Except for service conditions, there are no other vesting conditions for all the awards issued under the 2017 Plan. Any unvested portion of the options will be forfeited either (i) upon the termination of the grantee’s service for any reason; or (ii) upon the grantee’s scope of service no longer being involved in the business of the Company. In the event the grantee’s service is terminated for cause or takes place prior to an IPO other than death or permanent disability, the vested portion of the options will also be forfeited upon such termination.

In December 2017, the Company granted 720,000 restricted share units under the 2017 Plan to non-employees. All restricted shares vest over a four-year period, with 25% of the awards vesting on the first anniversary, and the remaining 75% of the awards vesting on a quarterly basis thereafter. The weighted average grant date fair value of the restricted share units was US$1.92 for the year ended December 31, 2017 and none of the restricted share units were vested as of December 31, 2017.

 

F-58